Small Business Tool Box
- Start a Business
- Write a Business Plan
- NC State Incentives and Credits for Startup Businesses
- Business Licenses & Permits
- Occupational Licensing
- Business Forms
- Financial Resources
- Essential Business Registration
- COVID-19 Disaster Relief Loans
If your small business is engaged in scientific research and development (R&D), you may qualify for federal grants under the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
The Building Reuse Program, under the Rural Grants/Programs Section of the North Carolina Department of Commerce, will provide grants to local governments. Three categories of funding are available for 1) the renovation of vacant buildings, 2) the renovation or expansion of a building occupied by an existing North Carolina company wishing to expand in their current location and 3) the renovation, expansion or construction of health care entities that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs. Please contact the Town of Mooresville for more details.
The Economic Infrastructure Program under the Rural Grants/Programs Section of the North Carolina Department of Commerce will provide grants to local governments to assist with infrastructure projects that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs.
Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
• Upgrades or repair of public drinking water or wastewater treatment plants • Upgrades, extensions, or repair of public water or sewer lines • Extensions of publicly owned natural gas line (with an executed Pipeline Construction, Operating and Resale Agreement • Installation or extension of public broadband infrastructure • Construction of publicly owned access roads not funded or owned by the NC Department of Transportation • Construction of public rail spur improvements.
Is a catalyst program for young, high-growth, technology companies in North Carolina. We help these innovative companies mainly by providing early financing in the form of grants.
NC IDEA is strategically positioned to leverage solid partnerships and alliances to support our grant winning companies. We are proud of our collaborative relationships with other North Carolina based organizations and the opportunities we can offer to young companies through these networks.
NC IDEA focuses on helping North Carolina based companies that are in the following industries:
- Information Technology
- Medical Diagnostics and Devices
- Material Sciences
- Green Technologies