Whether you’re just starting a new business, or you’ve been in business for a while, this section will help you find the tax information you need.
The information included on this website is to be used only as a guide it is not intended to cover all provisions of the law or every taxpayer’s specific circumstances.
Property Tax Rate
Town of Mooresville
Tax rate is $0.58 per $100.00 of valuation (To calculate your Town tax bill, divide your valuation by 100 then multiply by $0.58)
- Residents also have an Iredell County tax bill
- Some residents will have a Mooresville Graded School District tax bill
- A penny of the tax rate is approximately $480,250 in revenue to the Town
- Downtown Mooresville $0.16 per $100.00 of valuation
Tax rate is $0.485 per $100.00 of valuation.
NC does not impose a state property tax
Sales & Use Tax
- Statewide local rate of 4.75%
- Local sales tax rate on transactions of 2.0%
- Tangible Personal Property total 6.75%
(Tax rate is not applicable to raw material, containers, labels, packaging and shipping materials)
Income Tax (Personal Tax on Wages)
- Varies dependent on income levels and filing status corporate income tax: 6.9%
Franchise tax bases is assigned by three categories as follows:
- Capital stock, surplus and undivided profits
- 55% of the appraised value of the property subject to local taxation
- Book value of real and tangible personal property
Inventories owned by North Carolina manufacturers, retail and wholesale merchants are not subject to an inventory tax. A credit against the income or franchise tax is available for manufacturing and processing warehousing and distribution, and data-processing.
Sales of electricity are subject to a 3% State rate of sales tax, there are exceptions to then sales tax depending on the business
An excise tax is imposed on piped natural gas received for consumption in the State of NC. The tax is imposed to sales; use tax and percentage gross receipts tax on piped natural gas. The rate is set on monthly therm volumes of piped natural gas received by the end-users of the gas. Natural gas exemptions available for specific industries please check listing